Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nan Khatai----- HAPPY X ' mas To All




I would like to have sweets than spicy snacks during my tea time so, accidently I came to watch NAN KHATAI from manjula's kitchen.com & I loved her other receipes too. This snack I had with my Seattle friends during our tea party.
 
Ingredients
  • All purpose flour -1/3cup
  • Sooji -1/3cup
  • Besan flour-1/2cup
  • Cardamom powder-1/4tsp
  • Sugar -2/3rd cup
  • Butter-1/2cup
  • Baking soda -pinch
  • Almonds sliced -1tbsp
  • Cashew nut sliced -1tbsp
Preparation

Mix all the flours along with cardamom powder. Beat the butter with the sugar & let it become fluffy. To this add the flour mix & make it to a dough. Then make lemon size balls & make designs as you wish using fork or knife & decorate with sliced almonds & cashews. Greece the cookie sheet with butter & place balls in it. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F & bake it for 12-15 minutes. Take out 7 keep it for cooling & have the crunchy NAN KHATAI with hot tea......
 

1 comment:

  1. Veena, good to see you back in action! Nankatai kidilam ayittundu!

    ReplyDelete